Installed new ADA elevator-lift from street to lobby level with new accessible corridor and millwork doors. Added automatic wave-to-open door technology while maintaining the building’s landmark status. Built-out an ADA restroom, including new plumbing, electric, and HVAC from an existing coat closet. Installed millwork reception desk and cabinets for an ADA reception area, and re-lamped and cleaned all lighting. Created white box retail space from existing retail with new sprinkler line, lighting, and paint.
The Carlyle Hotel “Public Space” Renovation
Lobby, Public Space Renovation
New York, NY
The Carlyle, LLC
Gardiner & Theobald Inc.
- Installation of a new ADA elevator lift to take guests from street level to lobby level with a new accessible corridor and millwork doors
- Structural steel and concrete work were needed at the ADA Lift to meet the engineer’s lift requirements
- Coordination of electrical work @ ADA Lift for (3) call stations
- Constructed a new 11’x4’ millwork door to conceal ADA lift from the lobby and operate simultaneously with lift door
- New FA devices in lobby/retail space
- Added automatic door operators at 76th St. and Madison entry doors to be opened with wave-to-open technology while maintaining the buildings landmark status
- Built out an ADA restroom to include new plumbing, electric, and HVAC from an existing coat closet on the bar/restaurant side of the lobby
- New tile finishes on floor and walls of ADA Restroom
- Installed millwork reception desk and cabinets for an ADA reception area, re-lamped and cleaned all lighting
- Created white box retail space from existing retail to include new sprinkler line, lighting, and paint
- New paint and millwork-detail finishes throughout the main lobby.