HR Construction Group completed a full renovation of 192 guestrooms with associated corridors and the public areas on the first floor. The renovation of public areas included the lobby/registration area, center atrium, ballroom and public restrooms. The guestroom and public space work were completed simultaneously, while the hotel remained occupied to ensure business as usual. The Sheraton Wilmington South is located just minutes away from the New Castle Airport.
Sheraton Wilmington South Hotel
- Category: Hospitality
- Location: New Castle, DE
- Owner: HHLP Parkside Lessee, LLC
- Architect: Jonathan Nehmer & Associates, Inc.
- Contract Value: $2.4 Million
- Duration: 5 Months
- Renovated 192 guestrooms and associated corridors
- Renovated first floor public areas which included the lobby/registration area, center atrium, ballroom and public restrooms
- Performed 57 corner shower replacements and 37 tub to shower conversions with new plumbing fixtures, shower panes, glass enclosures and Mincey Marble panels
- Installed 3,200 square feet of new wood flooring in the ballroom, along with new chandeliers
- Placed lighted Majestic Mirrors in all guestroom bathrooms
- Updated carpet, paint and wall covering finishes throughout
- Installed new soft goods and seating
- Renovated public restrooms in which all received new tile, glass vanities, plumbing fixtures, and stall partitions to meet ADA standards